The Montagu Museum complex comprises two buildings, both within walking distance from each other in Long Street.
Joubert House, built-in 1853 on a sub-division of the original Uitvlucht farm, depicts the lifestyle of the latter part of the nineteenth century.
The Old Mission Church, built-in 1907, houses the administrative offices, as well as the archive containing all documents, photographs and Africana relating to the history of Montagu.
The Museum has a long history of documenting and preserving local herb lore, and the remedies prepared according to traditional recipes from locally sourced, sun-dried and hand-blended herbs have a large and loyal following among health-conscious customers locally and abroad.
Information Courtesy of https://montagumuseum.co.za
Phone: 023 614 1950
Address: Old Mission Church, 41 Long Street